Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My big, bad world.

I’m a small girl.

I’m a small girl in a big world.

I’m a nice, small, young girl in a big, old, bad world. And my senses always force me to question the same big world…

Dear world, Why’re you so bad? You weren’t born bad. You don’t even look bad, you’re so nice and colorful and beautiful. Did your parents bring you up bad so you turned out bad too? Or someone hurt you too bad that you thought being bad was an answer back? Oh no! Do tell me, World, your reason of being mean and nasty.

Bah!

Okay, no beating about the bush. My conscience has ceaselessly strained me with questions, my inner voice perpetually thumping my cerebral walls with a hammer. Thud thud thud.

My poor brain wants to know why it does not feel safe anymore. It wants to know why its crust is always battered by sounds of guns, cries of agony and the sodden feel of blood. It reasons to know why its owner cannot roam freely in the city’s busiest market, or why she cannot walk the streets alone at night.

Why has the world suddenly turned so malicious? Why have words and actions become so ruthlessly hurtful? Why don’t people act polite and with a little bit of humility anymore? Why do we refuse to perform our duties honestly? Why don’t we offer a helping hand to someone in need? Why do we just not act nice and courteous any longer?

WHY.

The enemy is not outside, the enemy lies within us.

Think it over.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great writing style.

    anyway, yeah i thought over it. the world is not as bad as you just made it sound. but yeah it definitely could have been a lot better. If you think about it, it is not now that the world has become simply awful, the world has always been this way, History of this planet is ugly, in fact the present however is not as bad, we are definitely living in better times than the previous centuries.. the future looks dark too for reasons that dont need to be mentioned.

    I dont know what the solution to your ''why''is. may be you should stop worrying about it and do your part of being a good human being. Who ever made this wolrd was definitely not a perfectionist.

    i suck at writing and use a lot of slangs, ignore my spelling mistakes.

    keep writing.
    Apoorv

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firstly, thanks immensely. the first line makes me smile..

    Second, i havent been worrying so much as you've tried to pacify mr through this comment. Just that i usually think things over, and when i do, i sort of, develpo an instant dislike towards the world. sometimes, its the people around you.. sometimes, the place.. and at other times, your own thoughts that drive you to thinking such pessimism. Ha! That happens a lot wimme. :D

    Your perception about our globe is absolutely correct.. our future does present a very horrifying picture! We care? YES! Totally.. and with extreme assurance, i can tell you, that each morning as i wake up, i know that i hafta live my day in a nicer way than the bygone one. I think of the less privileged around me. And i gladly thank my god for granting me another beautiful morn. I know this whole thing sounds creepy.. but it sure grants me a lot of glee( grinning as im sayin this!).

    However, some people around me stink! They, precisely, are the ones who've led me to thinking such stinkin stuff about my world. Lol! Seriously!!

    Thank you, again. :)
    Stay connected..

    ReplyDelete
  4. your welcome,
    will stay connected.. you can add to my blog at apoorvbisht.blogpost.com, it is a pointless blog where i write stuff that no one is interested in. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will do..

    I rummage through random blogs.. its no task and i pretty good enjoy it. If you can, do send the link.. will sure read up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Aishwarya,
    Really nice write-up. I didn know that side of ur talent.
    Keep it up...

    ReplyDelete